Twistoult is an aerie slightly smaller than Grandesque and is nestled in one of the only forested areas in Windsonde. They try to mind their own business but are occassionally harrassed by the Skrekrill for being on good terms with the Grandesques. They have an impartial relationship to both and mostly interact with the two for trading purposes. This is an aerie that likes to keep to itself politically, however, if it can help it.
The Twistoults are extremely creative with turning raw goods into valuable items, and they have access to many things the other two aeries do not.
They are rooted more traditionally in their belief system than the Grandesques and very much enjoy their rituals, which the Skrekrill consider "primitive". They have a god based system that has to do with day and night. Read about gryphon religion here.
Their clan system is based on what time of day or night the gryphon was born.
The Clans of Twistoult:
- Maor- Gryphons born in the morning.
- Abhainn- Gryphons born in the afternoon.
- Twitach- Gryphons born at twilight or dawn.
- Notach- Gryphons born at night.
- Living Space:
The Twistoult aeries resemble these images: |1|2|3|4|5|
- Current Inhabitants of Twistoult:
- Tulkiina | Raven/Melanistic Snow Leopard | sagegoat.deviantart.com/art/Tu… |
- [Name] | Bird/Cat | [link] | username
- Hariel | Ornate Hawk-eagle/King Cheetah | sigma-the-dragon.deviantart.co…| sigma-the-dragon
- Kitra | Northern Goshawk/Melanistic Amur Leopard | graphiteforlunch.deviantart.co… | graphiteforlunch
- Rokhurn | King Vulture/Cougar | zenithfoxie.deviantart.com/art… | zenithfoxie
When submitting challenges please title your deviation T(for Twistoult)-[character name]-[rank]-[challenge #]. For example, T-Binky-Young Gryphon-1. Then submit your deviation to the Rank Challenges gallery folder.
Do not combine challenges, they must be done individually.
You must complete the challenges in order!
- Young Gryphon
- 1. Your friends tell you a rumor that the shamans will be eternally grateful if you bring them a powerful medicinal fruit. Problem is, it only grows on Tookie Island. Do you dare venture to this mysterious island of primitive gryphons? Do you think your friends are telling you the truth or playing a prank on you?
- 2. One of Queen Tulkiina's braided-leather tail-bands has broken. She is very concerned that without four of them on her tail, she is out of balance with the god Balodius. Go to Grandesque, find a Samhradh to craft a new braided-leather band for you, and present it to the Queen.
- 3. You are almost an adult, but you have a bit of time left to be a kid. Grab a friend (or friends), find a waterfall with a pond, and go have some fun!
(Please add clan accessories your gryphon may have or carry to your character sheet before moving on.)
- 1. The ceremony for initiation into your clan has just finished. Your parents are very proud that you have reached adulthood and completed your initiation ceremony. Show your family and friends congratulating you!
- 2. Now that you are a mature adult, you are selected to transport an object of Twistoult craftsmanship to a Madadh of Skrekrill, on Skrekrill territory. The Madadh special-ordered this item, so please handle with care during delivery!
- 3. The shamans feel that in order to decide what form you will take for the Final Stages you must spend time alone, meditating (a spirit journey of sorts). Show where your journey takes you. How does it affect your decision?
(Please add a Humanoid or Greater-Gryphon form to your character sheet before moving on.)
- Final Stage
- 1. Depending on your choice, you are now either a humanoid or a beautiful Greater Gryphon.
- ***If you've chosen to be a human the Queen asks that you take an offering of good will, of your choice, to the human village. What do you present them with?
- ***If you've chosen to be a gryphon, the Queen asks you to lead in a ceremony to honor the god or goddess of your choice.
- 2. Human: Now that you have human hands you can take your aery's crafting tradition to the next level. If you choose to stay with your aery, make something beautiful, that only human hands could make, to offer to Queen Tulkiina. If you choose to go live among the humans, make a parting gift for your family and friends to remember you by.
- Greater Gryphon: The rest of the aery now looks up to you as a powerful, spiritual being and leader. It is time to begin your training as a shaman for the aery. Show what you are learning from the other shamans or show yourself advising young gryphons in the ways of the Twistoult.